...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Some things i'm learning

Random Facts and Opinions from this year

  • Looks can be deceiving. Especially in pastries made in Asia.
  • Squid needs to be chewed up more than you think it does.

  • It's true. most everyone eats rice at least once every day, if not 2-3 times a day.
  • I know a lot more children's songs than I thought I did

  • It would be beneficial to label light switches, which side is on and which is off. That would help when the power goes off in the middle of the day, and comes back on in the middle of the night.

  • Peanut butter is awesome. So are mint chocolate 'Back to Nature' cookies.

  • Ants can get into anything. If you ever want to rob a bank, you should team up with some ants. They would find a way into the vault.

  • Our apartment has no 13th floor. I've been walking to the roof for months, and I had no idea.

  • Facebook and Skype are gifts from above. I don't think there's any other way to say that.

  • I like taking off my shoes before i go inside. I might never stop doing this.

  • A good fitting pair of jeans is such a wonderful thing. A wonderful thing that I plan on purchasing very very soon after I land on US soil. Shoes too. This is not a request for a package. I want to try these things on in a shop where the salesperson doesn't see me and exhale deeply, then start digging through boxes to search for the XXL.

  • Learning Vietnamese is difficult. I should never have complained about Spanish.

  • I have no problem buying ripped off dvds. And the fact that it doesn't bother me, bothers me a little.

  • I am secretly worried that I am losing words from my vocabulary because I have to simplify so much for others to understand me. But sometimes I sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and I feel better

6 comments:

StansberryPhotography said...

YOU make me laugh!!!! I am going to put out an add for a team of ants...

StansberryPhotography said...

oh... and it seems that here in Griffin, LOTS of people have lost words from their vocab, but they just make up new ones... no biggie! You will still be right at home HERE!!!

Mom said...

Your blog always makes me smile, but this one I am smiling with tears!! I can see the clerk looking for XXL as soon as you walk in the store! And you are anything BUT XXL.Wish we could leave our shoes at the door...but I don't think your dad would go for it....the vocab at Gordon is very limited also....most of it I don't want to hear! I think Jay Leno should use your stuff about ants...good material!! Pastries in vietnam....hmmm.... and I'm glad I chew my food well!! Keep up the writing...this is awesome stuff!!

Unknown said...

Yes, shoes off indoors is a very good habit to keep :)

Anonymous said...

i really liked this post. A LOT. Do it again please? I giggled and laughed. Felt like you were right there with me actually telling me these things.

i miss you buddy.

Erin. For some reason my password keeps showing up as wrong...so I'm anonymous today.

Deanna said...

This blog post is favorite! I can relate to many, but I think the funniest one is the light switches.