...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Ginny

We had a birthday party for my student Ginny. The students collected money from everyone and bought a cake and asked me to find a birthday song and come in a little early. I find that most everyone here knows how to organize. Two students bought all of the drinks and they served me first.
Oh, and I brought my bunny ears (thank you Erin and Kris) and they were quite a hit. I wanted the birthday girl to wear them, but she refused... This is Nina, who is actually in a different class, but sometimes she comes in to talk to me before class starts. I don't know of anyone who would look cuter with these on.They said, "Teacher, cut the cake with Ginny." So I just stood there. Not really sure what they wanted me to do.Ben helped me set up the vcr for a little video clip. His English is excellent. His parents give him a little bit of money to help tutor his sister in English. They took this picture and he yelled, "Xấu Quá!" (so ugly!) I'm not sure what he meant by that...This is Ben. His eyes kind of remind me of Russell's, but not really in this picture.

No comments: