...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just a little something

I don't have time to write anything meaningful/ heart-warming at the moment. But if you're just waking up and checking my blog (because of course that's what all of you do the second you wake up) and you need a laugh, this is what I have.

First, a shout out to Jillann. Woot! I had no idea that you read my blog. That's so exciting. I strive for mine to be as funny as yours and to really be from my heart like yours, not just a random pointless view of life through my eyes. You are awesome.

Second, I went with my friend Phượng and bought Vietnamese jeans. No I'm not kidding. I'll just let the mental image of that do the job for now. When I take them off, I have to pull them off completely inside-out. Those are my jeans now. I own them. No, I'm still not kidding. I haven't exactly worn them in public yet, and it may be a while, but I have them.
Thirdly, here is a picture of my student Rose #1. She just came up to me and made that face. So of course I made her do it again. And then I slapped her on the back to see if her face would stay that way...


Boy, I had a blast with Phượng though (and I never tire of spelling her name correctly). We got our hair washed and I got a trim too. We rode around, shopped a little, visited some of her friends, and then she took me to eat oysters and snails and chicken feet. I don't think there was a whole lot of purpose to the chicken feet though, we just kind of gnawed on them. Is there a word for those by the way? It's "chicken feet", right? Claws? Talons?

And here is a video. I tried to capture the traffic, but I don't think I really accomplished it. She is a great driver and I trust her with my life (I mean, if I didn't, I wouldn't ride with her).

2 comments:

Deanna said...

That video is very, very good. Hooray for jeans that must be turned inside for removal! Ha! I would be so happy if I could hang out in Vietnam for a week.

Anonymous said...

Yes that was good video....Look Mom...no hands!! Yikes. You must really be relaxing in the traffic these days!! Ho hum!