...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trúc

Here is another video for your enjoyment. This is Trúc, which is kind of pronounced like 'chewp'' with a rising tone. She's funny. She sells this amazing noodle soup and wontons. I tried talking with her in the beginning of our time here and she's been a pal ever since. We commnicate with my broken Vietnamese and her hand gestures.

Recently, she has been pulling out a notebook and asking for me to pronounce some words for her. She is great fun, but her pronuniation is atrocious. I have actually never experienced anything like it. I will tell her a word and she will respond with something that sounds NOTHING like what I said to her. I'll try to get that on video next time.

I'm not making fun of her. She's on my list of favorite people. She always takes me home when it's late, and she has the coolest, girly, but seriously awesome motorbike and I sit on the back wearing the extra helmet, which also happens to be an army hat. And she forgets about the speedbumps at my apartment every time, which is hilarious, and less painful then it is nervewracking because it feels like her little motorbike is going to fall over.

This is Trúc telling me that Erica speaks too fast and she can't understand.

No comments: