...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last night in Biên Hoà

From Sunday to Tuesday I said goodbye to Biên Hoà City and my friends who live there.

One night I got to go to a party with two good friends of theirs. The friends just wanted to give them a last special meal and say goodbye. It was a great meal, and very relaxing.

Holly and me

Steph and her friend Chi.


The boys who were watching through the window and quizzing me on different soccer players.






Quin, one of their friends, had all of the songs that Scotty from American Idol sang. I've heard Vietnamese people say they liked country music, but I thought Taylor Swift was about as far as it went. He had a whole album, and I was very impressed.



Melissa, Deidra, and Ashley were doing something?


Most big meals (all that I've been too) take place on the floor. No shoes inside, and the floors are very clean. It's a space saver and I'm actually getting better at sitting Indian-style (though they should change that name to Vietnamese style) (or Buddha style, I guess).


We had some beef and rabbit. There was some debate that somethign was turtle, but I think it was just a rumor. It was all excellent.


Quin and Chi are very good friends to them. And they were very welcoming to me.


Also, this morning, Melissa got a new haircut. Also, please notice the new tattoo.




Brittany got her hair cut and colored and her new tattoo is healing well. 4 new tattoos in that household. I'm very impressed. Don't worry, I'm not getting one any time soon.


So long, Biên Hoà

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss your blog and the connection to VN!