...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Conference 2011

Our Vietnam Enlish teachers with ESI meet for conference twice a year. This spring, like last spring, we met in a city in the middle of the country called Hội An. It's an old trading city on the coast with beautiful old style buildings ( i don't know, French? Spanish? Dutch? Let's say European). Many many tourists, but my favorite part is that at night, it's QUIET, and sometimes in the day, the streets are EMPTY.


Beautiful.

Here are Suz and Liz, teachers in Tam Ky, walking with their matching Disneyland bags. As I am taking this picture, Liz sees a small dog and is saying, "Xin Chào puppy!"



Hội An is known for their beautiful lanterns.

And being in a tourist town is a chance for some non-Vietnamese food. We had some steaks and salads, GOOD pizza, nachos, and more. My body did not handle it well (nor did my wallet), but we were all pleased with the food. Ashley and Deidra are about to have some cheesecake.My favorite thing about Hội An is the tailors. I love to look at the fabrics and the styles of clothing. I could look all day, but eventually I must buy. I would like to be a tailor. I would charge way more than they do though..

Steph, Brittany, and I all got some clothes made by this woman. She must have weighed 85 pounds and had the higest voice I've ever heard. She also mocked my laugh a couple of times. Despite that, we all really liked her.





Here's Steph and Jeremiah as we ordered some really really great Italian food.



And Brittany and me




And the menu


Conference was good. It's enjoyable to be away and to talk with people with similar experiences, and to sing w()rship songs. But I enjoyed the next 2 days the most. That will be the next blog.


Group picture to come


No comments: