...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

favorite dress

This year, this is my favorite dress:



After riding a bike to school in a dress for MONTHS and not having a problem.... today I ripped my favorite dress. Huhu hu (Vietnamese English for crying; the English would be 'sniff sniff'?)

I was going to stop by my friend's shop before going to class, but seeing that it was closed, I decided to turn my bike around. I turned too far and needed to put my foot down quickly so I wouldn't tip over. That's when I heard the rip.


So I got to school and tried to close it with a paper clip. No good. Staple? Ehh... Then Ngọc, a girl in the office, offered a suggestion and everyone else in the office agreed. She safety-pinned a little doll to my dress. Only in Vietnam would that be the best solution.


This is Ngọc as she was leaving tonight after class. It was raining and she was already ready to leave (this is not her normal attire), but I wanted a picture anyway.










3 comments:

Sam said...

hott.

Carolyn said...

ha, thanks for the 2 T's Sam

Karissa said...

That's hilarious! LOVE the doll on your dress. And so funny that yes, it's the best solution. :D