...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Party


We had our last class party with the girls class. Though this time, a couple of the boys in the class actually came. John and Jerry. Jerry pronounced macoroni and cheese: "Ma- ROCK-oni and cheese."


The girls came in and, as usual, they took over the kitchen. They rolled up some bánh tráng (rice paper) with quail eggs, butter, and chilis in them, and fried them. It think they're Jenni's new favorite food.


Don't be fooled. The boys are just watching. The girls kept telling them that they were lame and useless.Gloria and Selena make Kim Bab, like sushi with cucumber, sausage, and egg. Some of them had carrots too. All wrapped in seaweed.


I gave them each an Easter egg that Tara sent. They wrote on them with permanent marker. Here is Victory, Selena, and Kim.


I am here eating the flan that Victory made. Everyone brought something that they made! I was embarassed that all I had to offer was my macoroni and cheese. But when they tried it, they said I was a great cook ...


We ate on the floor. And cheersed our glasses. We didn't have enough, so they shared glasses and gave us (Jenni, Steph, and me) our own.


We had a lot of fun, played games, even tried a human knot that was a total fail. I cheated and we still couldn't figure it out.








They liked my sunglasses and Jenni's goggles.



We gave them some of the beads off the tree and some Christmas plates, saying that we're moving out in 2 weeks so we won't need them. So, Jerry asked for the t.v. and refridgerator. They said they were very sad to leave, and we were sad for them to leave. Favorite class.




They always leave a note on our board when they leave. We'll continue to keep in touch over yahoo chat. They're so much fun.




3 comments:

Mom said...

That looked like great fun!! I would have loved the mac and cheese!! The other is 'interesting'!

Helen said...

Yum. My mouth started watering at your pictures. Looks like fun!

M.C. said...

That food does sound delicious. Looks like such a good time. Wish I could teleport myself and meet your students and friends.:)