...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Vũng Tàu #1

Erica and I went to Vũng Tàu beach with our friend Phượng and her in-laws. We stayed at her mother-in-law's house and they treated us better than family. Actually there were relatives EVERYWHERE. They would come and go, more would flood in, we lost track of who was related to who, and who was just a friend who happened to be visiting that day... (I felt like I was at the Carlson's, no kidding. it was beautiful). (some of the women walking back from the 'Death Anniversary Party')(Some of the men in the family drinking beer at the 'Death Anniversary Party.')(Some of Phượng's husband's family)(Trinh and Phuong with their mother's grandmother, who is 91 and sits indian style)(I have no idea who they are)
(Ok, the last couple is not related at all. They just came uup to me at the beach and asked for me to take their picture. Then they walked off.)

No comments: