...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tissue= toilet paper

Today, Phượng knew that I was at the bank in District 1, so she said she would come pick me up and take me home. We just had to make one stop to pick up some tissue.

Apparently, in the near future, the price of toilet paper will be going up, so her husband made a tall order. We pulled up on her motorbike and I saw the boxes and I thought, "No way." And my dad is an engineer; I feel like I'm pretty optimistic about space, but where was it going to go, in my lap?

Also, Phượng had forgotten her bungees because she didn't know it would be so much. But, to make the story kind of anticlimactic, we unloaded one of the boxes and shoved some between her legs and into the 2nd box, and it was really no problem at all.

I'm actually kind of disappointed in the picture because it felt like we had a lot more than that. And my arms were kind of sore, but that's probably because they're wasting away to nothing as I lift nothing but a pen and chopsticks. But it was so much fun and we giggled the whole way home.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I love that you get to be part of the scenery we so appreciated in Vietnam!! What's another box????