...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Adorable cousins

Phượng's husband has some super cute cousins. It seemed that each night, around 11 or midnight, they would hang out at a shop and eat soup and drink beer and watch soccer. I got dropped off with them one night by myself (that's when I ate dog) and found that one of the boys speaks English really well.

This is Dô Na (like Maradona, he told me), one of three adorable brothers, whose names all begin with Dô. He is the one who speaks really well. We had some fun playing cards with him, and then tried to teach him how to shuffle. One time while he was talking, he couldn't think of a word, and he looked at me and said it in Vietnamese. I thought for a second and then remembered the word in English and told him. I said it really casually, but inside, I was dancing a samba. I was already ecstatic that he would even ask me, but when I pulled out the word so smoothly, I could barely contain myself. It made my day.

1 comment:

Helen said...

hahahaha!! I love his face when he says "i can't do this! it's so hard."