...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, December 20, 2010

Saturday mornings

I think I wrote about the increasing nature of my challenges with Saturday morning classes last year. And it hasn't stopped. I should never have complained last year.

This year, I am proud to announce that I have had TWO of these classes on Saturday mornings for the last five months. Kitty 1 and Kitty 2. One class learned A-M and the next class learns N-Z. Which is ridiculous.

My Kitty 2 class recently graduated to Kitty 3, so we're supposed to be learning whole phrases like "Good morning Teacher," and "My name is..." Honestly, as I tend to have about 19 students (roughly 3-6 years old) and less than 10 of the flimsiest 'desks' in the country, they're lucky to learn anything at all.

However, I'm getting to know them a little more and I kind of love them. I'll discuss some of their personal issues later. My administrator's daughter is also in my class, so I am more likely to get a TA than other teachers. However, that also means that if I have a TA, she will be utterly useless as she babysits only one student in the entire class.

But my students are all super cute. I have said this boy's name more than anyone else's. Maybe more than most English words. He is a character, and a moody one at that. He wants me to see everything he does and says and has actually grabbed my face and pulled it down to look at him when I was ignoring him. He is a lot stronger than he looks.
I am not going to tell you how long I expect them to color. I usually print out pictures that are very intricate and pr*y that they spend a lot of time on it. But they rarely do.

See! Look how cute.



The tiny girl in this last picture is my token 3 year old. She's not supposed to be in my class, but she cries unless she gets to be with her sister (who has her arm around her). Funny enough, her sister is not supposed to be in my class either, but I didn't even question why she would bring the wrong book every week.
After it was discovered that she was in another class, they moved her. The next week she (and her sister) was back again and smiling broadly. She proudly told me that she had asked and it's ok for them to be in my class always. If I hadn't been so blinded with pride myself, I might have screamed.

No comments: