...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Roommate November

Here we are again. Jenni and I have successfully lived together in Vietnam for 87 days. And since we're (I'm) making public announcements, you should all know that a little but of white is showing on the tips of Jenni's fingernails. Well done Jenni! And so much more sanitary to not bite your nails in this country.

I am writing this post early because we are about to go out of town and I don't know when I'll write it. But these are easy to write, so I wrote down some notes a week or so ago.
I am thankful for Jenni because she:
  • is a good friend. She has had a lot of people make plans with her and then cancel. It frustrates her, but she doesn't break plans with them, even if she's feeling sick like tonight. She helps people with their homework, speaking, whatever; she's willing. I'm just home from class and tired and I'm not helping anyone with anything, unless it's to find their way out of our house. But she'll stop what she's doing and help, and share her candy with them in the process.
  • needs me. Ahh well, it makes me feel good... Our washing machine floods our little laundry room every time we wash something. One day I heard Jenni say, "Uh, dude, there's a lot of water. I know there's usually water, but I think there's more." I came over and reached my hand in the drain and pulled out a wad of wet lint and hair, and the water subsided. I kind of felt like a hero. Thanks roommate.
  • is easy going. And won't sue me for totally misquoting her and posting pictures of her on the internet without her permission.

No comments: