...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Song of the Day

Unbeknownst to each other, Erica and I both had a song of the day last night. Her's was "Give us Clean Hands," sung by Kutless. And Mine was "Before the Throne," sung by Chris Rice. Isn't that interesting? We both just announced this to each other and made the other listen to our song. Weird. I think mine is way better. You can all pity Erica for having to live with me later.

I don't think there's really a good story behind why this is the song for the day. Just one of those days when I especially needed a reminder. Before the throne.


Before the throne of G0d above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great High Priest
whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me

My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know
that while in Heaven, He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart


When Satan tempts me to despair
and tells me of my guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end of all my sin
Because the sinless Sav*or died
my sinful soul is counted free
For G0d the Just is satisfied
to look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me
Behold Him there, the risen Lamb
my perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I Am
the King of glory and of grace
One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Chr*st on high
With Chr*st my Sav*or and my G0d

3 comments:

Deanna said...

The Shane & Shane version is ssssssssssooooooooooooo good. One of my favorite songs.

Erica P said...

I do like "Give us Clean Hands" but my song was actually "Everything I Need"....both great songs though!

Carolyn said...

oh great, you said that for the WHOLE WORLD to see! you could've just told me that!
dang, i wrote that like 1 minute after we listened to it. How did I mess that up?