...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Buy Myself Flowers Day to you again!








Here are Monday's flowers, which have opened up more and smell really great. In honor of this day (the 7th of every month, in case you've forgotten), I am looking back two more times in the past couple of weeks that I have received flowers in odd situations.




We were told over and over that we would get lots of presents for Teachers' Day. And since it was this special day, they canceled classes. So we didn't see any students. And we didn't get any presents. We were disappointed. Then one of my level one students made this for me a few days later and salvaged it. I was so shocked that I couldn't remember the student's name and I blanked in front of all of the other teachers. Fortunately, I think it just looked like I was so in awe that I was speechless.



Sunday night we attended our first Vietnamese wedding. More on that later. Our friend who invited us had one of the caterers bring Erica and I the roses off one of the tables. Then she said something else to them and they brought the bride's bouquet over and she handed it to me.


I pushed the bouquet back towards her and tried to explain that I couldn't take it. She kept pushing it towards me, so I finally relented (you might not believe it, but I really was trying to NOT take it). So, I carried it around for the rest of the night, so awkwardly, trying to hide what I felt like I was STEALING from a party that I wasn't even invited to. As if I didn't stand out enough by having one of the two blonde heads in a room of hundreds...



No comments: