...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, October 5, 2009

story time

We just took this video at lunch today. I don't think I sound like myself. I mean, I try very hard to not speak with a Southern accent, and I don't want anyone to be offended, but I have almost eliminated the word "yall" from my vocabulary for the time being. I'm sure it will be easy to bring it back, but it confuses my students.

And I don't think I explained the second story very well. We ate the soup first and when they saw that we were finished, they rushed to bring us another bowl, as if we need to be able to have a bite of soup at any point during the meal. And that has happened twice before with me. I go for the broth first in soup (Erica must go for the noodles), and ladies will bring out a cupful of broth to add to my soup. Feed the hungry American!

2 comments:

Laura Joy said...

I like to think that your stories have improved because of me and Erin. You have so much more facial expressions and hand motions now compared when we first met.

Do you agree?

Carolyn said...

Of course I'm just an overall better person since I met you both!

oh and I'm not sure that touche' is the right word to use there...