...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wedding

Jenni and I were invited to the wedding of one of our colleagues. It was pretty fun. But he was glad that we came and that made it all worth it.
First Vietnamese guy I've ever seen in flannel and suspenders playing a sax.

Food food food food food food food food. Seriously 8 courses. Normal Vietnamese wedding.Decorated beautifully. Lots of people. One table actually labeled "Foreigners," but we didn't sit there. We sat at our school's table. Though I think as a general rule, I'm going to avoid sitting at tables labeled as such (not that they need to label us).


There was some singing and dancing.


On our way outside, one man asked me, "How do you feel about the wedding?" That's a common question and I must say, after a year and a half, I have no idea how I'm supposed to answer that.
Here we are with the bride and groom. Jenni is closer to the groom than me. He's a new teacher this year and very friendly.And here's the unhappy duck on the bus to the wedding This guy got up and sang, "Only You."
I missed the first line, but I got the rest of the song. Excellent.



No comments: