...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Friday, January 7, 2011

An ANNOUNCEMENT

I GOT MY CAMERA FIXED!! WHOO!

So, in celebration of my 300,000vnd, that I deem well-spent, I went to district one of Ho Chi Minh City to spend a few hours, maybe buy some gifts to send home. After my first trip to the atm, I discovered that I hadn't received my salary yet (and we have as of 3pmish today); my balloon a little deflated. However, I now had nothing to do there but take pictures. How appropriate.

Also appropriately there were a lot of things to take pictures of.

First, a robot (a guy dressed as a robot) was walking down the street. I ran into him twice.Then there were ninjas in front of my bank advertising diapers.And here are some pictures of Christmas and New Years lights that I've wanted to get. I'm actually kind of proud of how some of them turned out. I mean, I took dozens, but the fact that any of them turned out ok is a wonderful way to rekindle my relationship with my camera.







I am so pleased to have my camera back and functioning.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So glad you had your camera fixed! Loved the pictures, too. What is with the robot????! I hope to see you soon!!