...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, January 17, 2011

Vũng Tàu with Hong

I don't know how I was fortunate enough to get an invitation to go to the beach with Hong, but it was fantastic. She had a friend who offered an apartment for us to stay at for free. THEN, she had a friend from school who wanted to drive us there with his wife and daughter in their car (not quite as common in Vietnam as in America) and hang out at the beach with us for a while.
We had a fantastic time. We rested and took pictures. Played some frisbee and rested some more. Had some great food, rested, talked to a monkey, saved a horseshoe crab, took a boat home, and started (though never finished) popping some bubble wrap. Then we both took a nap.

A perfect escape. And I prolonged my vacation by spending the night with Janell and she made us delicious oatmeal pancakes. I love oatmeal pancakes.
Hong is just great. Wow, that is an understatement. She is a good friend of Janell who I met last year. She is now living in New York getting her PHD and not appreciating the snow as much as I would (ok that's a lie because I wouldn't know how to survive in the weather they've been having).


Besides being a huge blessing to me, a gifted translator and frisbee player, friendly to everyone, etc etc, Hong is also extremely hilarious. We had a great time.

No comments: