...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Friday, October 22, 2010

Phone

Steph and I, unbeknownst to each other, bought the same phone, just in different colors.
One of the first weekends here in August, we went to distrct one after fellowship with Jenni and four other girls from Bien Hoa: Deidra, Holly, Ashley, and Melissa. Steph and I "released" the five to wander and went to have coffee, as I was desperate to be with someone who had lived in Vietnam before (not your fault new teammates, we were the same last year).
It was wonderful to hang out with her, to be with a friend who knew me already, and loved me for who I am. It was comfortable to be together and to not have to explain any cultural happenings around us, or translate something (again, not your fault. happens to the best of us). I don't even think anyone came up to us to ask us where we were from! Good times!
Steph's phone was sitting on the table and we laughed when we realized they were the same. Steph's phone rang, and we both reached for our phones because apparently we had the same ring tone! When she opened hers, I saw that we had chosen the same background!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Fun! I know you needed that....by the way you will have the same number and phone when you get home....

Anonymous said...

dang! i just saw this now! thanks, carolyn. i love you so much! i was supposed to come over today, but i didn't because of my stupid migraine! i will make it up to you, or rather, you will make it up to me because you have NEVER been to my house. shame shame on you my friend.

be happy today. :) xxoo