...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Beach Pictures

I'm far behind in posts, so I'm hoping to cram a few more in here soon.

This is Jenny! Remember her from last year?? She had less hair and could only crawl. Now she's all over the place. She didn't seem to remember me, but after a few hours around her, then a few weeks, we're old pals again.








One day at the beach Jenni (the roommate, not the baby) wanted to play soccer, so she asked some of the cousins if they wanted to play. I knew it would never happen because it would probably rain. I didn't want to play anyway because I take it too seriously and sometimes don't enjoy it when we're just messing around.

But it didn't rain and we played and it was great fun. We played boys vs. girls, which I thought was a terrible idea, but Jenni, Aunt Danh, and I DOMINATED. The cousins couldn't stop talking about how we looked like we would be, 'not good at football, but then [we] were so good.'
Then it rained, pounding like sleet on our backs and faces, so we ran to the sea. My only set of clothes, and promise to stay dry was drenched. No pictures in the rain, but we are finding the rainy season to be exactly as it promises. Then we covered one of the cousins in sand. Funny Aunt Danh made sure that the sand creature had both male and female reproductive organs and laughed hysterically while making them. It was a good time.

NOW-- Jenni had her first họt vịt lọn, half-hatched duck egg. She was less than excited about it. She says that she's not very adventurous with food and that was going to be one of her challenges here, but she has not backed down once yet.

Uncle Mike was challenging people to eat more than him, but I was satisfied with just one.


You crack it open, suck out the juice, and in this case, squeeze it out into a bowl and eat it. You can dip it in a salt, pepper, and lime mixture and some leaves. I actually like it.


Jenni looked at it and smiled, saying, "Uh, can I get some water first?"


2 comments:

Kristen said...

To Jenni: when all else fails and you don't want to eat something like that... "toi an chay" = "i'm a vegetarian"

:)

Helen said...

Carolyn, your blog background nicely represents the rainy season. Will write soon, can't wait to talk to you on skype!