...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Friday, August 28, 2009

Our pictures are always dry because we don't want to get the camera wet.




It has rained almost every day here in HCM City. It doesn’t seem to last too long, but when it rains, it pours. The first day we walked to school in it, we experienced one of those ‘out of a movie scene’ moments. You know what I’m talking… It was slow motion; I saw the puddle. I saw the truck. I didn’t have time to react, but I only cringed and yelled to Erica as the water sprayed over us. And it wasn’t as dramatic as the movies because we weren’t drenched, but it was still funny.
Here is Erica in her poncho. I though she looked so awesome (we know it's all about the looks) that i just had to have one. I am now the proud owner of a green poncho as of a few hours ago. We heard they were more expensive if you buy them while it’s raining; however it seems that on our street you can ONLY buy them on rainy days. Clever.










Here I am when we arrived to lunch today. Spirits are high still for the HCM team even soaking wet. Aaand when my linen pants dried off, they were wrinkle free!
The power was out the other day and it was business as usual everywhere- just as it is when it's raining cats and dogs. This power-outage was apparently known in advance (except to us foreigners), maybe issued by the government. I am personaly surprised our power has been otherwise very dependable, since all of the power lines look like this-->

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the power lines in HCMC.

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn! Love the newsletter (Apples & Crates). Papa and I have conversations about you! Your Mom is with me now and we are both 'desperate' to send you packages!! But what do want in those packages??

Love, Sally