...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MORE thank yous

We could not have had a wedding like this without our very generous friends offering their house and land to us for the wedding. A HUGE thank you to Mr. Bob and Mrs. Roi!!

And I am so thankful to and very touched by George Mixon coming to officiate the wedding. He is a good friend of the family and came from Nairobi, Kenya a few days before.

This picture is from 2009 when I got to visit him and his family in Nairobi. They took me out to Massai land where they lived when he was a vet with Christi*n Veterinary Missi*n. Here is George working on his land rover. He taught a few lessons while we were there. Told the basic stories from the Bib/e.



His family is so cool. Seriously. I've wondered for a long time now how he and Martha got their kids to be so cool. I want to learn. I wanted to be a vet because of George and homeschool my kids because of Martha.



When I was in college, they came back to the US and George went to seminary. Now he trains pastors in Kenya. Here he is working on the land rover again.




They are an amazing family and are in Kenya with http://www.whm.org/.
And if you want to support them, you can donate to the Mixons on that website, or you can specify 'Mixon Vehicle Fund.' They need a new land rover...





We wish the whole family could have been over here for the wedding! Francois just has his default face on here; I completely understand because I have one too




I just wish I knew what he was saying to me here.






Kris Carlson and Erin Rodriguez bought tons and tons of sparklers on their way down from Michigan and North Carolina. They got them out and played with the kids, then they gave them out to everyone when it was time for us to leave.It was AMAZING!




And my older brother Trey bought vuvuzelas for the bridal party-MONTHS before, just to be prepared. That was seriously cool, and was really special that he thought to do that. Francois (was so cute) heard them and said, "Vuvuzelas!" Then he turned to me and smiled and said, "...They planned that."Here, Francois is telling my dad to blow harder in the vuvuzela to make a noise and my dad is handing it to him saying, "You do it."
And of all these, we can't decide which one we like the best:











No comments: