...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Few Thanks





There are way too many people who helped to mention them all, but here's just a few of the details that made our wedding extra special to me:




Tara and I wrapped about 97 vases and beer bottles with yarn and twine. I really liked it- being able to be creative and new with every one. Cara came out and helped one day too, and folded invitations with us.




My aunt Sally worked her rear off tying (gosh, is that how you spell that?) the raffia on those baby food jars. And trimming the tealights. And ironing and folding napkins. AND much more. Also, a big thanks to Tori for eating all that baby food so we could use those jars.






Did you notice the flowers in the last picture too? Beautiful! Thanks to Katie Newman, Wendy Hall, Jennifer Galloway, Lynne Colbert, Tara Jones, and Cindy Baynham (and probably more, I was busy and probably missed some stuff). And a friend of Aunt Sally's gave us about 30 stems of huge sunflowers.



Again, my bouquet was perfect. It was so colorful that it made me decide to wear a necklace that I bought in Hội An, Vietnam. (The blue bracelet--my something blue-- was given to me by my student Selena) Thankyou Cindy Baynham for putting together a stunning bouquet!!
And Cindy's daughter, and childhood best friend, Kate designed the programs and the font for them! Although I printed them out with the song lyrics on the front (not her idea)(tryin to be green folks), her design was fantastic. And I was very touched that she made the font especially for us, with a little African touch for Francois. No one else has ever used this font. Pretty cool.




Laura and Steph glued the sticks in there and we all got a little giggly from the rubber cement.



Francois used the router to carve the words in all of the little signs you see. I love them.

I know this table was touched with many hands. I love it so much!


If anyone ever needs to borrow a water dispenser...




Granddaddy's lady friend, Mrs. Patsy, helped us get a bunch of September peaches from her family's farm.I had some ideas and just barely mentioned them and Tara and others just made everything happen. Everything looked great.




My lovely cousin MC made this chocolate cake with chocolate butter icing. Yum yum! Beautiful too. MC and I learned to knit together when I visited her in Montreat when she was going to school there (and 4 years later I copied her). She's very crafty and you can see on her website: http://www.nu-trio.com/







My cousin Suzanne decorated our little fisher price farmhouse people to be the bride and groom (see the little vest?). And I found out later that Brian (MC's husband) so expertly re-hotglued those sticks together. Well done all around.







That's still not all, but I'll post again soon. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!









(again, pictures by Cindy Stansberry Photography)

No comments: