...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Friday, April 29, 2011

Some random to end April

Tara sent a box with children's books and Easter eggs. The eggs were a big hit in the office. Jenni and one of the TA's, Nghia, tried juggling them.







This isn't really related to anything. I just saw this Catholic church today while I was out and wanted to take a picture of it. It's pretty.


Phượng and I got a flat tire riding around today. Here's the guy beating on a little patch. It cost roughly the equivilent of $1.00.




Here is my student "Pedro." He made me a goose out of paper. It was one of those times when you're not sure if you should be thankful for the gift, or angry that he was folding paper instead of doing the work in the book.






On Easter, I went to a Vietnamese fellowship with one of my friends, "Sarah." There was over an hour of singing and I have never heard hymns sung in Vietnamese before. It was really cool! I think I understood some of the message, but it was Easter... I filled in a lot of the blanks myself.



Here is Sarah at the meal afterwards. Very cool girl.





And me.

Since going home myschedule has changed a lot. New foreigner teachers have come in and taken over some of my classes. Jenni and I both have been doing a lot of testing and subbing. I MISS teaching!


Tonight, my former student Selena saw me at the copier and came over to say hey. She showed me the instant noodles she was eating and offered me some. I told her my stomach wasn't feeling great, so no thanks.

She said, "Oh, you have a stomach-quake?"
Oh, you mean a stomach ache?

"No! stomach quake. It's like an earthquake. I just made this word."


Also, in case there is any doubt that I'm having an impact here, I went into test a level 7 tonight and my student proudly showed me what she had done: pierced her nose.

1 comment:

MC said...

You rock. Harper says, "mmmmwaaaaa!" with a very aggressive kiss blow.