...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Recently...

I really do apologize for my inconsistancy. I recently got a hold of seasons 8-12 of ER, so whenever I have been at my computer I kind of have had one of those playing. I've already seen 1-10 (pre-vietnam, relax), but 11 and 12 are new to me and they all end on such a crazy note that I must always (QUICKLY) watch the next one!! Ok, so now that I've admitted my slothfulness to my supporters, I can finally get on with my blog (also, it turns out there are actually FOURTEEN seasons, so I'm down two, but I can't buy them individually, so I'm in a delimma).

So, Vietnam, huh? Gosh... there's just too much to say. Here is one of our wonderful friends, Phuong and her daughter Chau (pronounced like 'chow,' but we've been told to call her Jenny).
She just comes over sometimes and hangs out with us. I've been promising to make more puppy chow for her and yesterday we procured powdered sugar from District 1 (woot!).

Here she is when Jenny peed. I thought it was hilarious. Erica was holding her about one minute before and I was telling Jenny to go, but she wouldn't listen to me. That would have been way funnier.Steph and Brittany came to HCMC for fellowship and the afternoon. We had some miscommunication, and traffic, and we ended up only making it for the last song. Lame, but a good story. Well, at least, if you think, 3 hours on buses, running across streets, frantically looking at maps, trying to talk to a taxi driver in Vietnamese over the phone, and major pit stains is a good story, then, yes. A very good story.Stephen, the only dude our age-ish at fellowship, tried to get into our girls picture.I'm not always the best hostess. I'm a much better visitor than entertainer. But I LOVED having them come. They weren't here long enough, but it was long enough to get out some refreshing belly laughs. I mean it. I don't realize how long it has been since I've laughed so hard until it comes out. Then I miss laughing.We had a big group for lunch, including Janell. Who I love, but never tell her enough in person, so she can just read it on my blog. She's hilarious. Maybe I don't see her enough and that is the reson for my laughter deficit.


Oh man, it felt so good to laugh like that. Thank you Steph, Janell, Jenny, and all who contributed.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Keep laughing honey!! It is such good medicine!!!