...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Buy Myself Flowers Day



Buy myself Flowers day was postponed this month. One of our students bought us this bouquet of flowers. It took me two straight days of looking at them to learn that they were fake. I just thought they were dried. Well done, flower-makers
Then, one of my students presented me with this bouquet (which he made during class, but I forgave him). I couldn't buy flowers to surpass these either.



But finally I celebrated with flowers that would eventually die. It's not a result that I'm happy about, but I just get to learn that little life lesson over and over.

We aren't taking many pictures this month. I think I've taken seven. I wonder if that is on the culture shock scale. Someone should ask Dr. Ellington, or consult one of my books that I left at home.

5 comments:

Laura Joy said...

Erin noticed that I have not been commenting on your blog and she asked why... after thinking about it for a few mintues, I couldn't not come up with an answer.

Ina, I am sorry for my lack of comments. Forgive?

I love flowers. I am waiting on my next flowers from James. :) If it does not show up soon, I may just go ahead and buy the flowers I want! :)

momma c said...

I was going to try to post a pic for you for buy myself flower day- on the same day (Jan 15) I bought tulips!! Are you sure that basket of flowers is fake not dried? It looks like straw flowers that we grow here- even when they are blooming on the plant they are dry like straw.

What is Laura talking about, waiting on James?? That is the point of buy myself flowers! Laura- go to the farmer's market and buy a blossom or two of an exotic tropical because you are there and you can!! Your first assignment- a stem or 2 of ginger.

momma c said...

Oh, Laura, if you can't bring yourself to buy it for yourself- new reassignment: buy your momma & Carolyn flowers day! Buy a flower for me that I can't get here unless I pay a huge price, and take a picture of it so we can enjoy it! Post it horizontal and I will make it my wallpaper and enjoy it when I turn on my computer!

Laura Joy said...

Mom- if james doesn't get me flowers by Thursday, I am going to the farmers market in Kailua and getting tropical flowers. :) I promise!

Carolyn said...

Well that just goes to show that reading my blog is beneficial. Too bad James doesn't read it..

So is the 15th Buy yourself Flowers Day? I thought about changing the name to Buy Erica flowers day, because it's essientially the same thing, but sounds so much less selfish...
And you're RIGHT! Now, I think the flowers are real! I had to disect them, but I'm like 85 % sure that they are.

Oh thankyou for your comments both of you! I always love them. Makes me feel like I'm hanging out with you