...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Saturday, November 7, 2009

No more two year olds

My baby class (that's right Laura) has finished. I was relieved, but now that I have my new class, I miss them imensely. Why did I ever complain about them?! They were so cool. Here are the last photos and videos that I have of them:



Halloween in Vietnam wasn't a huge deal. I brought a wig, glasses, and a scarf, and my little kids loved it. No one else wore a costume, and I started sneezing a lot, so I took the wig off. Plus it was like one billion degrees with it on.
I had to give them a "final exam." They acted as if they had done it a million times before and they read everything I pointed at, if they could. I was ASTOUNDED at how much they actually knew. I mean, I knew kids were good at memorizing stories, but they usually look like they have no idea what's going on.
Above is Daisy. She normally wears a mask, but she took it off for the test. She has a super cute smile I learned. Below is Mary. Her smile here is rare too. She is a very serious girl. I think Halloween was very laid back and she felt ok to smile.
During the morning classes, some of the staff donned white cloaks (which I think people here wear at funerals) and masks and went to each classroom. We could hear screams, so the lessons didn't really happen as planned. They came into my baby class and made all of my babies cry. Also, in the other classes they handed out masks for the kids to wear. They ran out before they got to us, and my kids were NOT HAPPY. This is Sunny and she was terrified, even when they took their masks off.
This is Peter and I tried to get him to read some of the book for the video. That was a bust.
Now that I'm not in charge of their education, they just seem so much cuter!

1 comment:

Emily Hearn said...

I love you, friend. Your blog brightens my day every time you post. I know you are brightening so many other people's days every time you teach a class or simply walk down the street. I'm keeping you in my pr*y*rs. Our Dad is working through you.