...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

#23



"Hello! I hope that you are enjoying the nice spring/summer weather! It is super hot in OUR CITY! It’s been up to 110 degrees, and that isn’t even considering the humidity, which is high here. I have to admit that I am not the best person to be around when I’m extremely hot. Thankfully, even though it’s hot outside, with air conditioning, we can keep our room down to somewhere between 80- 90 degrees. That sounds hot, but compared to the outside, it’s wonderful.

Last week, "Boo-Boo" and I attended training in Danang in a program called “Shine”. It helps girls with self esteem issues and prepares them for hearing the G0spel. It doesn’t directly talk about G0d, but is full of bibl*cal principles. Since human trafficking is a big problem in Vietnam, this program is useful in helping girls find their worth and value. The g0vernment is not causing too many problems with it since it does not directly mention G0d, and also helps girls with gaining confidence.  We are excited (and a bit overwhelmed) to run the program in OUR CITY as well as teach the new teachers to run the program in their cities. While we were in Danang, we tried to stay at a cheap hotel. We put up with it until I had to sleep on dirty sheets. We headed out for a new hotel the next morning. My cleanliness standards are lower than they used to be, but even I must draw a line somewhere.

After our week at Shine training, we had our yearly conference for all of the ESI teachers. It went exceptionally well, but kept us busy. We are tired!

I taught my last kids class at Hannah’s house on Sunday. I barely made it to class to tell the kids goodbye because someone had tried to pick the lock on my motorbike chain lock and ruined it. Thankfully, I found someone with wire cutters who was able to break it so I could get to Hannah’s house. The kids were darling. I took some gifts that "Boo-Boo"’s family and my family had sent from the States. The kids were thrilled! I included a picture in the e-mail.



Things have been really stressful with contracts. We still don’t have a contract for next year. We are also waiting to hear about the final count of teachers before we can sign another contract for the new teachers. Please pr*y for us, the school administrators, and the ESI office as they try to find one more teacher for next year.

I had an opportunity to share the Good News with one of my students this week! That was wonderful! Although no decision was made, she said at the end that she hopes I am right about G0d and heav*n. I am always thankful when G0d opens a door to plant a seed.

We really appreciate your pr*yers, especially right now when things are difficult. Thanks for lifting us up! Thanks,  for the encouraging cards! I feel blessed!

Love,
"Yogi"


No comments: