...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, April 9, 2012

#20

More from Vietnam


Hello! I hope that each of you had a happy Easter celebration! Our service at chrch began at 7:00 am instead of the usual 8:00. This felt way too early for me, but most people get up between 5:00 and 6:00, so it doesn’t seem early to them. I am reminded of their early rising habits every time someone invites me for breakfast or coffee in the morning. They always want to go at or before 7:00. I really try to encourage my friends to go out with me in the afternoon. Since we teach in the evenings until about 9:00 pm, it’s hard to get to bed early, and therefore even more difficult to get up early.

I’ve mainly been working on plans for next year’s teachers. There have been many e-mails, texts, and phone calls going on between the schools and me. Usually we only meet with a few schools because we return to the same schools each year. Thankfully, Andrea, my boss, and I have meetings with two different universities. This is a good thing, but also adds a lot of extra meetings and decisions that need to be made.


We will be in Da Nang from Tuesday through Sunday. We will be meeting, likely more than once, with three English centers, two universities, the teachers, and thankfully, our university contact who is helping us prepare for the meetings. It is really helpful to have a Vietnamese person helping us negotiate with the schools because she has worked in the business world here for many years, and can guide us in the right direction. While all of this is going on, someone has to teach my classes, so that is one of the areas where "Boo-Boo" is being a huge help. She’ll stay in OUR CITY and teach all week. She’s also helped me write e-mails and go to some of the preliminary meetings. Please lift Andrea, "Boo-Boo" and me up as we go to meetings and make decisions as to where to send the teachers next year. Also, please pr*y that we will be able to stay calm and joyful in the midst of the busyness and stress.

In the midst of preparing for the meetings, we’ve still been going out with our students and friends. We have to keep the coffee shops in business!

Thanks for your pr*yers and support! It always means a lot, but especially during the difficult weeks. We appreciate you! I hope you have a great week!

Love,

"Yogi"

No comments: