...Because if you're not in Asia, you're in yesterday


Monday, September 19, 2011

New Post 3

Here are some pictures that i have taken of Friend Jane Doe and ROOMMATE. They are hilarious, and often buy matching outfits, which I think is awesome and I've tried to copy them several times. Below is their most recent newsletter:



"Hello! I hope that you are having a good week!


The day after I sent our last newsletter, we had quite a day. Our motorbike started acting up, my phone wouldn’t work, and our DVD player bit the dust. These are all things that help us connect with the outside world, so we were quite frustrated and didn’t know exactly how to go about getting things fixed.


I could take care of the phone and DVD player, but as for the motorbike, I am always way overcharged, and usually it ends up not even being fixed. So I called Hannah and asked if her husband could help us take in the motorbike sometime when he wasn’t too busy. We thought we would probably have to wait a few days, but about 10 minutes after my phone call to Hannah, her husband appeared at the guest house. He took the motorbike in for me, made sure it was fixed, and then brought it back that night. When I took the motorbike in at the beginning of the year, it cost literally 20 times the price that Hannah’s husband paid, and this time it was actually fixed!


While we waited for the motorbike to be fixed, I helped Hannah teach her kids class and then we went out for ice cream. While we were there, she told me that especially loved the book, Oceans Apart, by Karen Kingsbury. She told me that she cried a lot while reading it, and wanted to translate it into Vietnamese so that other people in Vietnam could read it. Unfortunately, she said that since it talked about G*d so much, she would probably get into trouble with the go*ernment if she tried to get it published. I am just happy that she is reading them and that she is hearing the Message over and over again.


Last year right before I left, I gave my translator at ch*rch some children’s books that Naomi Wiederkehr had written. When I got in contact with her again this fall, she told me that she is in the process of translating the books for the ch*rch to use. The children will love them, I’m sure. Naomi, you will soon be well known within the ch*rch in MY CITY!


Tina, who is in charge of the English department at our university, invited me out for coffee. While we were there, she told me how fortunate the university is to have us there. She went on to explain that right before we came, an Australian man was supposed to come and teach there as well. He had been approved by the p*lice and the c*mmuist party office, but as he was on his way to MY CITY, the c*mmunist party changed their minds, and said that he wasn’t allowed to have any interaction with the students at the university. I now feel even more blessed that ROOMMATE and I have been allowed to live in MY CITY and teach at the university.


Thanks for pr*ying for Hannah, Anna, Holly, and David! Please, also, continue lifting up ROOMMATE and I as we teach and share about Him. We have had a great start to our year. PTL!


Blessings to you and your families!

Love,Friend Jane Doe

No comments: